Thursday, December 26, 2013

Chinese New Year Almond Cookies

I love this almond cookies. I had baked once for my teachers and classmate in my french class, and surprisingly most of them thought is made from peanut. They just love it.
This is quite a easy to make but the only time consuming part is to weigh each ball to the same weight. Using 7g for each ball, I managed to make about 70 ball for 2 jars.
Ingredients
120g     ground almond (super fine)
95g       caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
180g     plain flour (sifted)
1 tsp     baking powder (sifted)
1 tsp     baking soda (sifted)
122ml  cooking oil
1           egg yolk (beaten plus mixed with a few drops of oil for glazing
Method
1. Sifted and mix ground almond, caster sugar, salt, plain flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a big mixing bowl.
2. Combine the mixture and cooking oil in a mixer. Mix at lowest speed to form a dough for about 30s to 1 min. 
*can replace using mixer with spatula.
3. Scale the dough at 7g each and roll into a ball.
4. Arrange each ball on lined baking trays and glazed the top surface with egg yolk.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 170 deg for 12 to 15 min or until lightly brown.
*Note
1. I am using Rowenta oven, therefore I have reduce their temperature from the  original recipe of 180 deg to 170 deg.
2. The original recipe was baked for 15 to 18min.

No comments:

Post a Comment