Friday, December 21, 2012

汤圆 Tang Yuan Glutinous Rice Ball

 
I was wake up by my Whatsapp this morning, it was a message from my brother-in-law wishing me Happy DongZhi. So today is DongZhi, i didn't even know. My mummy did not mention about it when i called her last night. OK i decided to dragged myself out of bed so that i can prepared the Tang Yuan for my love one.
 
I start searching for the recipe in my blog but i can't find. I remember i did cook last year and also take photo to upload to my blog. Seriously i really can't find. So now i have to redo it again. That's the problem with me, i write all these recipes so that i can find it online whenever i need it, BUT sometimes really lazy and forgotten about it after eating.
 
 
Ingredient
 
For the Balls
  • 1 cup of glutinuous rice flour
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • A few drops of red coloring
For the Soup
  • A few slices of ginger
  • 1000ml of water
  • 1/2 cup of sugar (add according to your preference)
  • Pandan leaves ( i don't have so i still it out)
 
Method
  1. Place the glutinuous rice flour into a big bowl. Add 1/4 of the water and start kneating. Continous and repeat the process until all the water is mixed. The dough should be smooth and a bit sticky. (Note: if too sticky, add more flour)
  2. Cut the dough into two portion. One portion add in the red coloring. Add just one drop at a time and kneat. Continue adding until you achieve the colour you want.
  3. Now you have one dough of white and one dough of pink. Start rolling them into a long bar. Cut them into small pieces.
  4. Put the small pieces on your palm and roll it into a ball. Place the balls aside.
  5. Boil the 1000ml of water in a pot, and add in the ginger and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolve. Taste and add in more sugar if you like it to be sweeter.
  6. In another pot, boil a pot of water. Put in the balls and cook until it floated on the surface.
  7. Now, put our cooked balls into a bowl and pour in the sweet broth. Serve.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment