Saturday, January 30, 2016

Soft cheese journey

Don't like hard cheese? Try this soft cheese!

My journey in searching soft and creamy cheese.

Camembert
My favourite is Camembert but is hard to find a good one in Singapore. 
How to eat: I  like it to be baked slightly in the oven and dip it with baguette. 
Where to find: Cold Storage, NTUC finest, The Market Place

Burrata cheese
I first had burrata cheese during my hubby birthday celebration where we are invited to an Italian restaurant. I love it, it is so refreshing. After that I try it prepare it at home but it was so difficult to find this cheese. I went to all high end supermarket to find and finally I found it at Jason supermarket. I was Super excited!


 How to eat: This cheese has to be eat cold. It is usually eat with tomatoes and dressing it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Where to find: Jason at IonOrchard

Mozzarella cheese
Mozzarella is Italian cheese which is commonly found in supermarket. It is not as creamy as burrata cheese but I think it taste better. Unless you can find a good grade burrata cheese in Singapore else those found in high end supermarket is still not very nice. So I go for Mozzarella cheese if I have graving for burrata.
How to eat: This cheese has to be eat cold. It is usually eat with tomatoes and dressing it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Where to buy: any supermarket 

Brie cheese

I was looking high and low in the supermarket for Hokkaido butter when I saw this gem. I never try before but just try my luck and hope is what I like "soft".
Yippee! The moment I have the first bite and I know I am going to keep replenish this. My hubby love it too. It is soft and creamy and yet not too heavy.
How to eat: Eat with baguettes or fruits or nuts etc. Quite flexible
Where to buy: Isetan Orchard 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Cheese! I love it. These photos are nice. I like... ^^

    ReplyDelete