Monday, January 16, 2012

Steamed Cabbage Roll

Cabbage has always been my favourite veggie, i love the sweetness. I like to use it as my soup base.
Today i was preparing my homemade Bak Kua so i used the leftover minced meat for this steamed cabbage roll. I remember the other time when i cook this, i used the cabbage to wrap the carrot, onion and garlic. It suppose to be a veggie roll but my hubby don't really likes it, so i used pork meat and prawn this time. And........... my hubby love it.


Ingredients:
4 cabbage leaves
4 Tbsp minced pork meat
4 prawns
Marinade pork
1 tsp light soy sauce
dash of pepper
1/2 tsp corn starch
Marinade prawn
1/2 tsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp seasame oil

Methods
  1. Marinade the pork. Set aside for 15mins
  2. Marinade the prawns. Set aside for 15 mins
  3. Put water in a pot and bring it to boil. Put in the cabbage leaves. Duration depend on the size of the cabbage leaves. Boil the leaves till the white steam turn translucent. Put aside to cool.
  4. Open the cabbage leaves and put 1 Tbsp of meat near the edge of the steam. Put one prawn on top of the meat.
  5. Hold the meat and prawn with your finger and roll the steam upward. While rolling, fold the side of the leaves inward and continue to roll the steam till end.
  6. Put the rolls into a steamer and steam for 10mins.
  7. Ready to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment