Friday, January 06, 2012

Homemade Egg Tofu

There is Chinese Supermarket which sell Tofu here which is about an hour drive, but the problem is i will go shopping and dinner after doing my marketing therefore my Tofu melt and turn jelly when i reached home. This is the reason why i decided to make my own Tofu. After getting my own Tofu, i was so decided to eat it in different ways. My favourite is to eat it with my special created Yakitori sauce.

Ingredient
380ml egg (about 6-7 large eggs, i used about 7)
1/3 tsp salt*
500ml unsweetened thick soy milk**
1 tsp corn starch : 1 Tbsp water
*(please remember to use the kitchen measuring spoon and NOT your la kopi teaspoon or drink soup tablespoon)
** (In SG you can buy the dou hua milk but ask the aunty don't add the sugar syrup. For me, i prepared my homemade soy milk)

Method
1.Break eggs and beat lightly together with the salt. Set aside and let the salt to further break down the egg whites.
2.Mix the corn starch and water together, set aside.
3.Bring the soy milk to boil and pour in the cornstach mixture. Stir well and let it cool down to warm.
4.Prepare your stemer and bring water to boil. Make sure the water level is slightly below the steaming rack.
5.Place a piece of cling wrap into your steaming vessel before you pour in the mixture.*
6.When soy milk has become warm, combine with eggs and beat lightly.
7.Pour the mixture over a sieve to seperate the egg white bits.
8.Steam over low heat for 30mins. Cover the steamer with lid.

*I used my silicon baking tray so i do not need to use the cling wrap.

Note: Please do not beat the egg and mixture too hard as it will create foams and bubbles that will realise in holes in your tofu. Before steaming, i use metal spoon to remove all the bubbles.

Ways to eat
1. You can eat this with some soy sauce
2. You can deep fry it
3. You can use my special sauce to dip it.


Chrizelyn Special Yakitori Sauce:
1 Tbsp Yakitori sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp of water

1.Mix Yakitori sauce, sugar, dark soy sauce (I used thick dark soy sauce) and water.
2.Pour the mixture into the sauce pan bring it to boil. (You can add more water if the mixture is too little.
3. Stir in the cornstarch solution. When it is boil, pour over the Tofu Egg and serve.*You can adjust the ratio yourself, as this is the taste i preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment